Sunday, January 1, 2012

This Must Be It... Yet Again

This must be it.
Welcome to the new year.

Look!  I started a new blog.  I'm sure Blogger isn't hip with you young kids now, but it's simple and effective.  I plan to get my own website soon, and I have a few names available that I might want to use, but I'm still deciding on what I want.

The drinks were consumed,
the plants were destroyed,
and the hors d'oeuvres dismantled.


2012 is going to be big for me.  Well, at least January will!  I'm going back to school, moving somewhere (completely on my own), and allegedly moving on up in my career.  Can I juggle all of these things at once and keep my sanity?  Stay tuned and find out.

I'm not smiling
behind this fake veneer.
I am often interrupted
or completely ignored,
but most of all I'm bored.



Why should I start this?  Well, mostly fun honestly.  Also to make actual blog length posts.  The micro-blogging stuff will stick to Twitter and Facebook.  I've had plenty of ideas floating in my head for the last number of years that I never acted on.  Now that I've dropped some dead weight, maybe this will help me be positive, and get some creativity flowing.  I could use some sort of creativity or pseudo-artistic merit and I guess it'll start with writing some blurbsMy Composition I & II professor told me I could fall back on writing if I didn't want to do the technological thing.  I still don't believe it, but maybe I can prove myself wrong.  I like proving people wrong.

I'm trying to find out
if my words have any meaning.
Lackluster and full of contempt
when it always ends the same.
Why won't she listen to me?



Another big thing that I hope this helps me with is motivation.  This is one of my biggest problems not just with this, but with other important aspects of life.  Whether in starting this blog, and possibly moving on to podcasting, I need to keep releasing work.  I remember when I wrote music blogs in my spare time (and a couple people I remember actually read them!).  They were nothing spectacular, but they were just simple opinion pieces.  Not everyone can have the clever wordiness of Kent Ward. (Totally not being sarcastic!  I read and enjoy every single one of his blogs.)


Why did I come?
Oh, why did I come here?
These humans all suck.
I'd rather be home
feeling violent and lonely.
I'm not trying to sound so insincere,
but the postcard that's taped to the freezer reads:
"Wish you were here."
How I wish I could disappear.



I'm going to try not to censor myself too much, but I will try my damnedest when it comes to bitching about/calling people out.  I'm not going to say people don't like hearing about that stuff from time to time, but I'll try.  I don't usually speak out too much unless people ask, and there are probably only 3 or 4 people who know more than certain half-truths that I know of.  It's not that I don't love the rest of you, who by no fault but my known that I haven't made time for in the last... probably few years, it's just maybe I guess I don't want you worrying about me too much.  I know who my friends are.  And honestly, if you want to hear something, in brutal honesty, just ask.  Most of the time that's all it takes, and I'll tell you, if you're a friend.

I'm trying to find out
if my words have any meaning.
Lackluster and full of contempt
when it always ends the same.


This song that I've intertwined within is fairly accurate, although I guarantee you, not 100% of how I feel.  Hell, it's probably not even 50% now, but I used to use it every year in my New Year's blog post on MySpace (you know, when dinosaurs roamed the earth).  And I've even included it in convenient YouTube form at the bottom of this.

Heads up Damage Control,
there's a ring around her finger.
Last chance for changing lanes,
and you missed it by a mile.
Why won't she listen to me?


So here's to motivation and sanity.  I hope to keep this updated, and if anyone wants to get on my ass about it, please do!

This must be it.
Welcome to the new year.



No comments:

Post a Comment