Star Wars Celebration VI was just fantastic. It's perfect for any Star Wars fan (except the poor kind), and it's a really good primer for going to something like Comic-Con. I say that because you really have to pick and choose what you want to do, and you have to sacrifice some things for other things. For example, I had to sacrifice some really interesting fan panels to go to panels that involved the guests. And even then I had to sacrifice some of those for other guests! So I'm just gonna go through the list I made of things I did at the con, and I'll have pics at the end to share! Want an explanation on something more thoroughly? Just ask! I'd rather recap in podcast form, but unless I have a co-host, I think it would sound kinda lame. Here we go:
- Star Wars 1313 Panel. Looks awesome, can't wait!
- Ian McDiarmid Panel. The Emperor was a delight and it was cool to see him on his first US appearance.
- An Evening With Kevin Smith. Got a GREAT seat and I wish the event was longer than two hours.
- Some bittersweet memories of T-shirts and their sequels.
- Mark Hammil wasn't sold out!
- Robot Chicken panel, which was actually a panel for their new Star Wars show Detours. Donald Faison (Turk from Scrubs) made a special appearance, and I'm looking forward to this show!
- Met Jan Duursema and bought a limited signed print from her. She draws for Star Wars Legacy. Picture of what I got below, but numbered, signed, and the size of a poster!
- Clone Wars Season 5 Premiere. Red carpet event, was pretty neat. I really need to catch up though, I'm sadly still on Season 2.
- Since I went to the Clone Wars Premiere, the Mark Hammil panel filled up. I wasn't too bummed, since I saw him last year, but I heard he recited the Batman eulogy from the animated series.
- Almost went to the Fanboys panel since I do love that movie... but I was already at my hotel room and didn't want to walk back.
- Mission from two years ago complete! I met Mark Hammil and he lightened my wallet substantially!
- Saw the premiere trailer for Episode 2 in 3D. Decided to go to this since I assumed the Robot Chicken/Detours panel would be similar to Friday. I was wrong as George Lucas made a surprise appearance. Oh well...
- Saw a theater group perform all six Star Wars movies in 60 minutes. It was a real treat and I'm glad I went.
- Ended the night with a double billed panel. James Arnold Taylor in Talking With Myself, followed by Carrie Fisher's panel. I'll never think of the Sarlaac pit in the same way.
- Warwick Davis panel. This man is extremely funny and I need to watch Life's Too Short!
- Sam Witwer panel. You might know him as Starkiller. I was so hoping to meet him, but he wasn't doing autographs, at least officially, over the weekend.
- Missed Closing Ceremonies to see Sam Witwer. I stand by it!
- Had nothing else to do, so I decided to wander the Exhibition hall in search of quite possibly my favorite wrestler on the SHINE roster, Leva Bates. Found her, and insisted I be a part of her life for the next half an hour or so and she thankfully treated me as a friend. Looking forward to SHINE 3!