Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Star Wars Celebration VI - The Condensed Version



Star Wars Celebration VI was just fantastic.  It's perfect for any Star Wars fan (except the poor kind), and it's a really good primer for going to something like Comic-Con.  I say that because you really have to pick and choose what you want to do, and you have to sacrifice some things for other things.  For example, I had to sacrifice some really interesting fan panels to go to panels that involved the guests.  And even then I had to sacrifice some of those for other guests!  So I'm just gonna go through the list I made of things I did at the con, and I'll have pics at the end to share!  Want an explanation on something more thoroughly?  Just ask!  I'd rather recap in podcast form, but unless I have a co-host, I think it would sound kinda lame.  Here we go:



Thursday
  • Star Wars 1313 Panel.  Looks awesome, can't wait!
  • Ian McDiarmid Panel.  The Emperor was a delight and it was cool to see him on his first US appearance.
  • An Evening With Kevin Smith.  Got a GREAT seat and I wish the event was longer than two hours.
  • Some bittersweet memories of T-shirts and their sequels.


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Friday
  • Mark Hammil wasn't sold out!
  • Robot Chicken panel, which was actually a panel for their new Star Wars show Detours.  Donald Faison (Turk from Scrubs) made a special appearance, and I'm looking forward to this show!
  • Met Jan Duursema and bought a limited signed print from her.  She draws for Star Wars Legacy.  Picture of what I got below, but numbered, signed, and the size of a poster!
  • Clone Wars Season 5 Premiere.  Red carpet event, was pretty neat.  I really need to catch up though, I'm sadly still on Season 2.
  • Since I went to the Clone Wars Premiere, the Mark Hammil panel filled up.  I wasn't too bummed, since I saw him last year, but I heard he recited the Batman eulogy from the animated series.
  • Almost went to the Fanboys panel since I do love that movie... but I was already at my hotel room and didn't want to walk back.


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Saturday
  • Mission from two years ago complete!  I met Mark Hammil and he lightened my wallet substantially!
  • Saw the premiere trailer for Episode 2 in 3D.  Decided to go to this since I assumed the Robot Chicken/Detours panel would be similar to Friday.  I was wrong as George Lucas made a surprise appearance.  Oh well...
  • Saw a theater group perform all six Star Wars movies in 60 minutes.  It was a real treat and I'm glad I went.
  • Ended the night with a double billed panel.  James Arnold Taylor in Talking With Myself, followed by Carrie Fisher's panel.  I'll never think of the Sarlaac pit in the same way.


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Sunday
  • Warwick Davis panel.  This man is extremely funny and I need to watch Life's Too Short!
  • Sam Witwer panel.  You might know him as Starkiller.  I was so hoping to meet him, but he wasn't doing autographs, at least officially, over the weekend.
  • Missed Closing Ceremonies to see Sam Witwer.  I stand by it!
  • Had nothing else to do, so I decided to wander the Exhibition hall in search of quite possibly my favorite wrestler on the SHINE roster, Leva Bates.  Found her, and insisted I be a part of her life for the next half an hour or so and she thankfully treated me as a friend.  Looking forward to SHINE 3!


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment